What is the Micro Market Recovery Program (MMRP)?
- CIC is the lead agency in the West Woodlawn and Chatham Micro Market Recovery Program (MMRP) areas. A City of Chicago initiative, the Micro Market Recovery Program encourages neighborhood development and reinvestment in 13 designated target areas throughout the city. The MMRP program brings together local community partners, City of Chicago departments, and other resource organizations to keep residents in their homes, to reoccupy vacant buildings, and to help new and current owners invest in the area. In addition to being the lead agency in Chatham and West Woodlawn, CIC also provides technical assistance to MMRP areas on multifamily rental properties.
- Link to maps of the other 11 MMRPs: http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dcd/supp_info/micro_market_recoveryprogram.html
Chatham NeighborWorks Day photos:
Woodlawn NeighborWorks Day photos:
- Chatham and Woodlawn Homeownership and Rental Fair
- Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS)
People interested in purchasing a home in an MMRP area, or considering repairs on an existing home, or need foreclosure prevention assistance, can contact NHS to find out more about the program: http://www.nhschicago.org/site/3C/category/mmrp_overview
- City of Chicago:
- Institute for Housing Studies at DePaul University:
- Mercy Portfolio Services: